Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Weather, Comfort Food, Stress Fixes

The weather has been terrible up here for people with strict to-do lists!  We get cabin fever pretty easy, and the best fix I know of is to take a long walk. Yesterday, I walked the admittedly short distance to work (about a mile and a half probably) because my car got stuck in the snow. I was in a pretty grouchy mood, but a healthy dose of sun, improved circulation and endorphin really helped. And always does! If you can force yourself to be active, it will really change a bad mood. 
I haven't been able to run, but walking on this ice must be improving my reflexes...I did some unexpected triple salchows on my walk home. Dangerous stuff...MELT ALREADY. 
H found a great recipe for cold nasty days like this, or any other day really. Baked chicken nuggets that actually taste good. They're breaded with Italian whole wheat bread crumbs, Panko (?), and Parmesan.  Really good. They actually remind me a little of Wendy's. The link to the recipe is below. I only got a pic of three of mine, because I ate most of them before thinking to take a photo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment